In association with Kali Theatre, Discovery is a free writing programme for aspiring female playwrights of South Asian descent*, which runs from September 2021 - March 2022.
Open to UK based female writers of South Asian descent* who are eligible to live and work in the UK, and who have not had a play presented as a full production. No previous playwriting experience is necessary.
The programme is led by Kali's Artistic Director Helena Bell and includes:
- 3 playwriting workshops led by leading female practitioners
- Dramaturgical support to develop their 10-page submission into a 20-minute play
- Rehearsal with actors and director
- Two public performances of a staged reading as part of a showcase for industry, friends and family
- A bursary towards travel expenses and childcare
The Reader Panel at each venue will read and select the four most promising plays. We will let you know the outcome by mid-September.
The deadline for applications was Thursday 29 July. Successful applicants will be contacted in due course.
*At least one parent must be descended from the diasporas of the Indian subcontinent