Hampstead Theatre is eligible to receive donations from American supporters through the CAF American Donor Fund.
If you are an individual paying tax in the UK and US, you could find that the US tax rules invalidate UK tax breaks on charitable giving and vice-versa. Through the CAF American Donor Fund, however, you may:
• Claim Gift Aid in the UK, increasing the value of your donation by 25%
• Claim UK tax relief (at 40% or 50% rates of tax) and get a tax deduction in the US
• Make gifts from the Fund to charitable organisations anywhere in the world, provided these are of good repute and either are already recognised or are capable of being recognised as charitable under UK and US law.
• Distribute your money by making single or regular donations to the Fund, or by opening a Donor Advised Account (£5,000 minimum) or a Donor Advised Trust (£100,000 minimum) which allows donations to charities from the income and capital of an invested fund
• Top up the fund with cash, shares, payroll giving schemes such as CAF Give As You Earn or legacies
This Fund is specifically set up to meet the needs of those who pay tax in both the UK and US. For more details please contact the Development Department on 020 7449 4155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.