North London's Top 10 Festive Treats
Posted on 3 December 2015.
Posted in: HT Blogs
As the season of good will gets underway, we thought we’d share with you our top 10 recommendations for what to do in North(ish) London this December…
1. Got little ones? Why not head over to London Zoo in Regent’s Park to experience the Nativity Story in a whole new way with the Living Nativity. On your way through this novel festive experience, you’ll meet the Wise Men and their camels, see Mary in the stable and talk to the Shepherds as they tend their flock, running until 16 December.
2. Whether you’re a complete newbie or you know your Double Lutz from your Triple Salchow, ice skating at JW3’s Piazza is a wonderful day out with family, friends or that special someone. So get your skates on and head down between 5 December and 10 January. There’s even a café serving winter warmers for after you come off the ice.
3. Take a step back in time with A Victorian Christmas at the enchanting Kensington Palace. With Victorian inspired Christmas decorations throughout the palace and festooning the spectacular Palace Christmas tree, you can immerse yourself in the smell, sounds and tastes of a traditional Victorian Christmas with various events running from 2 December until 3 January.
4. If you’re not jetting off to St Mauritz this winter, you can still soak up some apres-ski luxury at Selfridge’s Forest On The Roof. Open in to the New Year for afternoon tea and dinner, snuggle up with a blanket, soak in the views over London and soak up the boozy hot chocolate.
5. Still trying to source that elusive perfect gift for a tricky someone? Then head along to the North London Vintage Christmas Market on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 December for a truly unique present. To keep your energy levels up for all that shopping, there’s all manner of delicious festive fare available, and even the chance of mulled wine.
6. For a family treat that will keep everyone happy, take a trip to Kenwood House for their Christmas craft sessions, running between Monday 21 – Wednesday 23 and Monday 28 – Wednesday 30 December. Children will be able to make festive crafts to take home with them, whilst the grown-ups can explore the world famous art collections and beautifully sculpted gardens.
7. Enjoy the ultimate Christmas classic film It’s A Wonderful Life at the sumptuous surroundings of the Everyman Cinema in Hampstead. On Sunday 13 December, snuggle up on one of their cosy sofas, then sit back and let the festive feelings commence.
8. Make like an elf and get crafting at a Christmas Wreath Workshop from Columbia Creative- on Saturday 12 December in Angel Islington. All materials will be provided to create an original and stylish wreath you can take home at the end of the session, perfect as gift or decoration for your own home.
9. Ice skating and a Christmas themed disco – what more could you ask for? Head over to the Alexandra Palace Ice Rink for the Club De Fromage on Ice Christmas special. From Frankie Valli to One Direction (and even a little Disney along the way), get on down to your favourite festive cheesy tunes on Friday 11 December.
10. Feeling the Christmas overload? Hapgood, written by Tom Stoppard and directed by Howard Davies, is a perfect treat without any elves, snowmen, santas or tinsel. This gripping espionage thriller is one for the adults. Runs until 23 January – limited availability so book soon.
Latest from Twitter:
- Hampstead Theatre @Hamps_Theatre
- Hampstead Theatre @Hamps_Theatre
Hampstead Theatre @Hamps_Theatre
After the success of Animal Kingdom, Ruby Thomas makes her Main Stage debut: "There are things you do not know. Thi… https://t.co/xp25occsoA2 days ago